The present ‘upper mill’ was built around 1588 and extended in 1661.
The date of 1661 on the front of the mill denotes not the year of construction but of the extension of the mill that now incorporates the cottage.
The historical name for both the upper and lower mill is Marford Mill.
The Parish of Rossett was created in 1840.
Turner sketched and painted the upper mill in 1794 and called it Marford Mill, its correct historical name.
The upper mill now resides in the Parish of Rossett and is commonly referred to as Rossett Mill.
Location: Marford, Rossett, Wrexham, North Wales, watercolour, watercolor,